designed for the way women work.
Do your skin care products have shea butter in them? It is one of the most nourishing things a woman can put on her skin. Cleopatra was supposed to have used and loved shea butter! It has been called ‘Women’s Gold’ because in West Africa, where the raw ingredient is harvested, shea butter is a women’s industry. Over the years it has enabled women to improve the quality of life for their families and community.
Womanswork After Gardening Skin Care products, including Elderflower facial cream, Vanilla Bean, Lavender Mint and Pink Grapefruit moisturizers, and Arnica Muscle Rub, feature organic, unrefined shea butter, formulated with pure botanicals and other plant based ingredients. Our products are made exclusively for Womanswork by a Master Herbalist.
- Shea Butter is rich in nutrients including vitamins A and E, essential for healthy skin
- Shea butter rebuilds and rejuvenates collagen and has been shown to have anti-aging properties
- Shea Butter is anti-inflammatory, and is recommended for a number of skin conditions, including eczema and dermatitis
- Shea butter protects skin against damage from sun exposure, wind, cold and dry winter air
- Raw, unrefined shea butter is produced from the nuts of the Shea Tree, native to West Africa, without the use of chemicals or preservatives. For more information about shea butter, visit the website of the American Shea Butter Institute.
West African Women and Shea Butter — The demand for shea butter has increased significantly in the past 10 years. In West Africa women’s cooperatives have been established to produce and sell shea butter, producing enough income to build schools and health care clinics in rural villages. Click here to find out more about cooperatives for women shea producers.